|Job title:||Head of Quality Assurance|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Salary:||R840000 to R1080000|
|Salary Type:||Cost to Company|
|Job published:||07 January 2021|
|Job reference no:||608135002|
Market leader in the manufacturing of oil and related retail products, food services and bulk sectors has an exciting career opportunity for a Head of Quality Assurance. Based in the Western Cape. Main purpose of the position is to define, promote and assure a quality culture across the company.
- B Degree in Science/Food Science, Product Management
- Certification in Quality Management/Control and Internal Auditing
- Minimum 5 years' experience in quality assurance position within FMCG environment
- Minimum 2 years' laboratory and/scientific research experience
- Proven knowledge of Food Safety and Quality Management system (HACCP, ISO, FSSC)
- Understanding of methods and processes involved in manufacturing, quality and statistical techniques
- Knowledge of edible oil processing will be an advantage
- MS Office Literate
- Ensure quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing material.
- Establish quality standards by studying product and consumer requirements in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of quality assurance and testing.
- Monitor all quality assurance activities, test results, defects, root cause analysis to ensure continuous improvement.
- Institute rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Create a product quality documentation system by ensuring updated quality assurance policies, procedures and SOPs.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools/instruments to gain maximum benefit.
- Escalate testing and quality assurance matters to responsible role players.
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies, procedures, SOPs and requirements.
- Prepare product- and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Schedule and assign team members, follow up on results on order to comply with quality assurance requirements.
- Develop quality assurance team.
- Manage outputs of quality assurance team members by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Prepare the quality assurance budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions.
- Ensure effective Laboratory Management
- Ensure consistent quality of various products.
- Create and Maintain Product Specifications.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Provide professional and knowledgeable technical assistance to, and liaise with customers.
Only online applications will be accepted. Should you be shortlisted we will make contact with you.
Note: It is illegal to have incomplete/misrepresented/false information on your CV.